Saturday, March 14, 2009

sharing the bad news

One of the most dreaded parts of my job is breaking the news to someone that their work needs tweaking. Or that we had to make some changes to a service, therefore eliminating something they contributed. I am definitely getting more comfortable in sharing what could be perceived as bad news since I have had so much practice these past couple of weeks. The last time I had to break some sensitive news, I was thinking about how much this stinks. I began realizing that God probably wants me to see it as a privilege to be the bearer of bad news. Then I wrote down this quote from the Unleash conference: Jesus called you to hurt somebody's feelings. But Jesus also called somebody else to hurt my feelings. I just hope I receive it in the same manner that I want others to receive it from me.

No comments: