Sunday, March 29, 2009

go ahead...ask

A recent survey reports that people are more likely to attend a church if they have been invited by someone. This morning at TrueNorth Church, Steve asked in each service for those in attendance to stand if they were at TNC because someone invited them. I was amazed at the massive amount of people who stood in response.

After second service, I felt a tap on my shoulder. As I turned around I was greeted by a friend from my old neighborhood. He thanked me for inviting him and his wife to TNC five years ago because it was home to them now.

I remember how nervous I was, inviting them to this new church that would challenge their perception of what church should look like. I knew they did not have a church home and I wanted them to experience what we had been experiencing. But would they think we were weirdos? Would they start avoiding us if they didn't like it? Could it change their lives forever?

Is there someone in your life who is waiting for an invitation? They have probably seen a difference in your life and they want it too. All you have to do is ask and God will do the rest.

What are YOU waiting for?

No comments: