Monday, November 13, 2006

forget about it

Audio Adrenaline performed "Ocean Floor" at the concert Sunday night. I knew that song before, but never paid it much attention until I heard it live:

Your sins are forgotten
They're on the bottom
Of the ocean floor

These lyrics remind us that not only does God forgive our sins, but forgets them! Satan reminds us of our sins, but God will always keep his promise of forgetting. So why do we continue to bring them back up? They're gone...buried and forgotten.

Isaiah 43:25 (New International Version)
"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more."

Micah 7:19 (NIV)
"You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea."

3 comments:

mike f said...

YO! I'm thinking you watched "Micky Blue Eyes" one too many times. Repeat after me.......

fuhgeddaboudit

mike f said...

YO! I'm thinking you watched "Micky Blue Eyes" one too many times. Repeat after me.......

fuhgeddaboudit

LAURA'S BLOG said...

Mike, I wanted to call this post 'fuhgeddaboudit', but I'm too southern to know how to spell 'fuhgeddaboudit'. :)