Monday, November 27, 2006

eating humble pie

I am not on stage today.

Our youth band is leading worship and I am able to experience our service from a different point of view. This is the second time in over two years I have had the opportunity to be off from the band and not be out of town.

And I like it. I really like it.

My daughter is to my left, my sister is to my right, my friends are seated around me in every direction, and I’m watching my husband do his SOUL team thang. There are other people around me who I don’t know and I am hoping to get a chance to speak to them.

A few things I am learning today:
1. How to check my kids into Kidzstuff. Alan usually does this part.
2. Clapping during several consecutive songs makes my hands tingly.
3. People want to stand up during a song, but they are waiting for someone else to stand first.
4. I can focus better when my thoughts aren’t drifting to the next set list and when to head backstage.
5. I don’t have to be a super-worker, just a super-worshipper.

Today is a humbling experience. TrueNorth Church can happen with or without me and I realize I’m just a tiny part of God’s big plan for this church.

And I am okay with that.

No comments: