Saturday, June 30, 2007

watch me!

My kids have been swimming almost every day this summer and I have seen my share of diving board tricks. Matthew has performed the Cannonball, the Triple Whip, the Can Opener, the Pencil, and the unforgettable Egg trick where his bottom hits the diving board before he lands in the water. "Mom, it's when the egg cracks!"

The Egg is now officially banned from his performance.

Allison has accomplished a backflip off the diving board, back dives, and the Flying Squirrel.

It's just more than a mom can handle.

Then there is the constant "Watch me, mom!" "Watch this, mom!" "Have you seen this, mom?" They want to show off for me and win my approval with their great olympic-worthy feats. Did I mention that I get to judge their jumps too? From zero to ten.

Aren't you glad that we don't have to perform for God to win his approval or get his attention? God is not impressed when we say, "Watch me, God!" There is nothing we can do better than what Christ did for us. God just wants our hearts and we get His seal of approval when we accept Him as our Savior.

So let's stop "flipping those gainers" and rest in Him!

No comments: