Saturday, June 16, 2007

c-l-e-m-s-o...n!


Kacie and I were at Clemson (aka "Clempson") last week for freshman orientation. For her of course, not for me. Although someone DID ask me if I had my ID picture taken yet! It's true.

This session had 300 students and one or two of their parents....a lot of people to shuffle around. Clemson has a bus system throughout the campus and to the surrounding cities and towns so the kids can go to Walmart, Bi-Lo, the mall, etc....for FREE!

No Starbucks....nowhere. What's up with no Starbucks in a college town???

They split the students and parents up a few times, mainly for schedule advisement and registration of classes. Did they think we were going to try to interfere or something? Gosh!

There was a breakout session where the administrators had a "Parent Talk"...how parents are supposed to deal with the adjustment to college life. I am getting a little anxious about my baby gurl going to college. I will be setting the dinner table for one less person in a couple of months and I am saving up all my crying until then. I am in task mode for now, just making the plans and paying the money.

After everything is in place, then....I will have time to cry.

No comments: