Sunday, July 08, 2007

mad church disease?



http://www.madchurchdisease.com/

Just got home from vacation and have been catching up on some blog reads today. I found this website from a link to a post on a blog that also linked to the site with a post. In other words, I don't remember how I stumbled upon this. I chase rabbits.

Anne Jackson is on staff at a church in Texas and is also a PK (preacher's kid). She is writing a book about a condition that is affecting church staff, their families, and volunteers alike. Symptoms include but are not limited to: fatigue, burnout, unexplained physical ailments, workaholism, and severed families. Mad Church Disease is contagious and a cure must be found.

In order to find a cure, extensive research on the disease is necessary. I encourage you to go to the website above and take a survey based on your current or past ministry position(s). Until August 3, Anne is conducting this survey to provide supporting information for her book. As of July 4, seven hundred surveys had been submitted!

Disclaimer: There is no hidden agenda behind this post. I do not have this disease (unless I am in denial) and I am not trying to infect others. But this condition is not discussed often because people are afraid to get real. The future of church ministry is at stake and a book like Mad Church Disease could put leaders on the road to healing, bringing an end to this epidemic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to say thank you for the link!