Monday, July 16, 2007

The Hot Seat with Justin Benson

I have had the privilege of playing in a band with Justin Benson at TrueNorth Church for the last three years. Justin has been playing drums for TNC since he was 12 years old, barely tall enough to see over the drum set. Now at the age of 15, he is growing up right before my eyes and I hope he remembers me when he becomes famous! Isn't he just the cutest thing???

1. Justin, what was the first big concert you remember seeing?

My mom took me to see KISS in Atlanta when I was about eight years old. I still have a lot of memories of the whole night...the drum kit, the giant screen, and the confetti guns at the end of the show.

2. How long have you been playing drums?

I began playing seriously around age 11.

3. Who are your musical influences?

Peter Criss from KISS, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Stevie Ray Vaughan/Double Trouble

4. What are you currently listening to on your iPod?

tobyMac, Maroon 5, John Mayer, Family Force 5, George Benson

5. Baseball was once a big part of your life. Do you think you might play again?

I needed to choose between my music and ball because doing both was too much of a time commitment, so I put ball on hold for now. Maybe I'll play old-man softball one day!

No comments: