Tuesday, July 17, 2007

pop goes the culture

I was Walmartin' the other day and ended up spending two hours there. I had no idea I had been there that long. It was the greeting card aisle that sucked me in...it always does. Don'cha just love the Hallmark musical cards? Open. Close. Open. Close. Hey...the fun never ends!

Speaking of Hallmark, where greeting card writers have WAY too much fun... I went to the big Hallmark store in Augusta while I was out that way recently (yes, I played with the musical cards, all 200 of them. Go here to see them). What really caught my attention was the Pop Goes the Culture collection, a new series of cards and gift items based on memorable quotes from famous people, movie and tv shows. I was LOL while reading quotes from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Saturday Night Live, The Office, and Napoleon Dynamite, to name a few. These cards are a fun way to connect with your recipient using cultural references. And for $2.50 a pop, you could get two for the price of one musical card!

No comments: