Tuesday, July 24, 2007

happy blogiversary!

Last week marked one year since I started this blog. Time flies when you're having fun! Looking back at my first blog, I remember how excited I was to begin this endeavor...but also scared at the same time. It has been a great journey of self-expression and networking. How did I ever keep all these thoughts in my head before blogging???

19 things I have learned since starting my blog one year ago (because I couldn't think of 20):

1. I have never, ever, considered myself a writer.

2. But maybe I am after all.

3. It is sometimes scary to push the 'publish' key.

4. Adding a stat counter helped me to know that people do actually read my posts.

5. How do people from places like Singapore and Guam find my blog?

6. I am encouraged when people tell me that a particular post was helpful to them, made them cry, or just laugh-out-loud.

7. I appreciate the 5 people who SUBSCRIBE to my blog through bloglines.

8. My blog reflects me and I won't apologize for that. I also blog how I talk.

9. Blogging is not a great way to make money.

10. I have deleted a few posts within 30 seconds of publishing.

11. It is better to have no post than a bad post. Some bloggers disagree on this.

12. I don't always know what I'm going to blog about...I just start typing.

13. Most readers don't like polls, but I do.

14. I can't get my husband to read my blog without my asking, but he can't get me to floss my teeth regularly either.

15. Going on vacation helps fill my mind with creative ideas, which sometimes end up as blog posts.

16. Posting more frequently results in more visitors.

17. I try to keep my blog fresh: guest bloggers, interviews, relevant content, etc.

18. I want/need a new blog design. Anyone up for the challenge?

19. I heart blogs...reading and writing them.

2 comments:

Walt and Betsy said...

bravo on your list. just let me know when you are ready to write a book - I will help with the title.

Mel said...

Congrats on your one year blogiversary. Keep up the good work. Your kept me chuckling in the tough times.