Wednesday, April 18, 2007

national chocolate eaters month

The current sermon series at TrueNorth Church is “The Pursuit of Happyness”, and during our Journey Team study we were asked to complete the sentence “Happiness is …”. Knowing that we weren’t really expected to answer in a spiritually-correct way, my answer was “Happiness is CHOCOLATE!” This must explain why one of my favorite movies of all time is “Willy Wonka and the CHOCOLATE Factory”…those rivers of chocolate are just irresistible!!

At McKenna and Andrew’s wedding last year, they had a chocolate fountain at their reception. You know the drill….put the fruit on the skewer, hold it under the fountain stream, repeat, and repeat, and repeat. After a while I said forget it….I got a cup and stuck it under the fountain and drank the chocolate right out of the cup. I had a great chocolate moustache! It’s true.

Since April is National Chocolate Eaters Month, here is some fun stuff about chocolate:

1. Man cannot live by chocolate alone - but woman can!
2. I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter....
3. Nobody knows the truffles I've seen!
4. Chocolate…Here today, gone today!
5. Just give me the chocolate and no one gets hurt!
6. Seen recently on a tee shirt ~ EMERGENCY ALERT: If wearer of this shirt is found vacant, listless, or depressed, ADMINISTER CHOCOLATE IMMEDIATELY.
7. There's more to life than chocolate, but not right now!
8. All true chocoholics know that chocolate is a vegetable. It comes from the cocoa bean. Beans are veggies. Duh!
9. Life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get. Forrest Gump in "Forrest Gump" (1994)
10. Exercise is a dirty word...Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

And one more quote to prove my theory that chocolate makes people happy:

Chocolate causes certain endocrine glands to secrete hormones that affect your feelings and behavior by making you happy. Therefore, it counteracts depression, in turn reducing the stress of depression. Your stress-free life helps you maintain a youthful disposition, both physically and mentally. So, eat lots of chocolate! Elaine Sherman, Book of Divine Indulgences

No comments: