Tuesday, April 03, 2007

i pity the fool

I pity the fool who missed Walt's message this past Sunday on faith vs. works. With this being an April Fool's Day message, we thought it would be A-Team-ish to play off Mr. T's phrase. Walt put a tongue in cheek twist on it by sharing a list of things Jesus would pity. The number one thing Jesus would pity is the fool who thinks he can work his way into heaven. My personal favorite would be that Jesus pities the fool who prefers diet drinks over regular. I am sure there are no pink, blue, or yellow packs of fake sugar in heaven!

My family has been in Hilton Head for a couple of days and I have discovered a short list of things that I pity:

I pity the white girl with freckles who thinks she can go on the beach for a couple of hours without sunscreen. That would be me...burnt up, sick in the bed, catching up on blogs.

I pity the foolish children who will jump into a swimming pool, no matter what the water temperature is!

I pity the dad who takes his family of five out to eat $eafood.

I pity the fools who let complete strangers rent their house for a golf tournament. I wanna go home!!!!!!

No comments: