Wednesday, April 11, 2007

internet-less


Last week we rented our house out for the Masters tournament, went to Hilton Head for a few days, and stayed with my parents for five nights. My parents live three streets over from us and we had everything we needed except for one thing that we wanted.

Internet.

I needed to call Clemson University one day to get some scholarship information for Kacie. Normally, I would find that information online, or at least get the school’s phone number. But I had to resort to the primitive way of dialing 411 for the phone number. Once I reached the department I needed, I was greeted by a recording that announced, “Most of your questions can be answered by visiting our website at http://www.clemson.edu/.”

No duh.

At one point during our stay, I just couldn’t take it anymore and asked Kacie to grab her laptop, because we were going to steal our own internet. So we parked across the street from our house, in front of Ed and Mary’s, and tried to rip off our own wireless internet. It wasn’t happening because Alan had our system locked down like Fort Knox. So we attempted to rip off Ed’s wireless, but we took off once we saw the dog come outside, knowing that Ed wasn’t far behind. We drove around until we could get a connection and ended up ripping off Jeff and Melanie. But I’m not in trouble because I called her later and told her that we had stalked her internet.

Gosh. All I wanted to do was check my email.

No comments: