Wednesday, July 26, 2006

the pleasure principle

First it was the perfect chicken sandwich, then the ingenious “eat mor chikn” cow mascot, now it’s “My pleasure!” to serve you.

Chick-fil-A has caught my attention again.

Let’s see. The food is hot. The tea is perfectly sweet. The tables and floor are clean. Shirley is bringing around the tea pitcher, asking if I want a refill, while dropping complimentary mints on my table. My kids are sweating in the play area. And the kids can exchange their kid’s meal toy for an ice cream treat.

Yep, I think it is their pleasure to serve me.

The purposes for serving in the church are to glorify God and build others up. When I look around TrueNorth Church, I see these purposes being fulfilled. The sermons are relevant. God’s Word is being taught. The music is diverse. The greeters are smiley. The children are learning about Jesus and bringing their parents to church. The parking lot is full. Mission teams are being sent out. Journey Teams are bursting at the seams. Prayer teams are on their knees. I can even smell the cookies being baked while I’m typing. “I wish I could describe it to ya!”

These aren’t jobs…they’re ministries.

Because it's our pleasure to serve Him!

2 comments:

chuck young said...

amen sister!

Beth said...

Hey...I'm a fan of that
"Chick-Fil-A" place too." I hear that they have this great Christian camp run by the WinShape Corportation (a Truett Cathy company). Your middle child, I think her name is Allison, should check it out.

There are several girls from NA who go to WinShape every year and they say it is "AWESOME." One "little chic" lives in your neighborhood and loves Camp WinShape. You should call her mom sometime and get the info....maybe she and your daughter could go together next year!

Check out the camp and www.winshape.org.
And, by the way, "It was my pleasure" to share this info with you!