Thursday, July 20, 2006

lemon "aid" stand


I found a small plastic cup in my kitchen yesterday that had a few dollar bills and some change in it. I asked Allison, my 9.92 year old, if that was the money from her lemonade stand.

Her reply: I told Dad to put it in the offering.

The lemonade stand was started by Allison (left) and her BFF, Elizabeth (right), in order to purchase a Webkinz. They made a little over six dollars, which was not enough to buy the beloved critter. So they opted to split it and put it in the offering at church. We’re not talking 10% here. We’re talking the whole kit ‘n caboodle…100%.

And this is coming from children who DO NOT like to share, trust me. They think “share” was a lady from the 70’s who sang “I Got You Babe” with her husband.

I don’t think God wants 100% of our money…but 100% of our hearts. It looks like my kid is giving her heart to Him. And that makes me one happy mama.

Oh…and this picture was taken at church on Easter morning…matching Easter capris, you gotta love it!

2 comments:

chuck young said...

that is good stuff!!

Paulo J said...

great post. reminds me of having faith like a child. congrats on your 'happy mama' status. :)