Wednesday, July 19, 2006

la cucaracha

My parents came over last night and Daddy, whose nose is always in the paper or watching the news, tells me that we are in World War 3…according to Newt Gingrich anyway (because he knows a lot!) I heard words like Suez Canal, Israel, Muslims, Hezbollah, Lebanon…and I heard the word ‘fools’ quite a bit. Then World War 3 happened in my den. Daddy chased ‘la cucaracha’ for me and was exhausted by the time he got him. It was quite entertaining.

I knew stuff was going on in the Middle East, but I didn’t know how mad everybody is and how many countries are involved and that any day our lives could change again forever like they did on Sept. 11, 2001. Condoleeza is supposed to be meeting with somebody about sum’n soon. What we need are people meeting with God and asking him to intervene. Would you join me in making a commitment to pray regularly for these countries? This is bigger than I thought…much bigger than the trivial things like la cucaracha in my den.

No comments: