Saturday, July 22, 2006

another one bites the dust

I dropped my cell phone into a full glass of Coke. No struggle, no splash, no drama…it just sunk straight to the bottom. I tried cell phone CPR using three sets of breathing and compressions.

It didn’t make it.

We were also without a home phone for two weeks this summer. One of those weeks we were on vacation and I couldn't check my messages...no ring, nothing. Alan went under the house and found the line that was messing us up and got us back in business.

Those who know me well, know that I love to talk on the phone. A lot. Always have. It's one of my favorite ways to build or maintain relationships…by spending time with people on the telephone (while multitasking of course…remember the ADD I caught from church?) Satan knows that one of God’s purposes for us is to live in community with others. Is he trying to take that away from me?

Or does God want me to be silent for awhile?

1 comment:

chuck young said...

remember what dave crowder sings: "i will not be silent, no. i will not be quiet anymore."
you can't stand silence. i remember you trying to watch rob bells' noise video. you didn't like the silence. satan can't stop you.