Saturday, May 10, 2008

modesty

So we started a new series at Element last Wednesday night called Filtered...about filtering out "worldly" things, but still remaining "in" the world. We had a guest co-leader in my 8th grade fuel cell, my nineteen year old daughter Kacie. I asked her to share with the girls the things she focused on filtering out during her years as a middle and high schooler.

She chose a subject that most girls can relate to...shopping. She spoke to them about the responsibility they have in choosing appropriate clothing...that they can be stylish and still be seen as a godly woman. (I could tell they were paying much more attention to her than if I had been the one saying it.) Then we ran out of time and Kacie said, "But mom, I wanted to talk to them about their myspace pages and Facebook too!"

Check out Anne Jackson's blog post about the same subject. I don't know this girl, but I stalk her blog.

No comments: