Wednesday, May 28, 2008

i'm just saying

"So are you trying to tell me I need to lose weight?"
"I'm just saying..."

What do you say to smooth over a comment you just made in a conversation that just might have offended someone? Or if you think might have just gotten in someone's grill but didn't mean to? How do you get in the last word when you're ready for the conversation to be over?

"I'm just saying..."

Your voice then trails off and it's almost as if you can actually hear the dot dot dots at the end. And then you never really finish saying what you were trying to say.

It's not like it gets on my nerves or anything, because I do it too. I'm just saying...



1 comment:

JohnSamson said...

So, you're basically saying, in some weird, blog kind of way... that I need to lose weight?....

Gr8...

:|