Friday, October 26, 2007

radio

My eleven year old, Allison, has always been infatuated with Radio. Yeah, the one with the movie about him. Now that we have been driving back and forth to Clemson so much and she has realized that T.L. Hanna High School is nearby, she constantly nags us to take her to meet Radio.

"Why do you want to see him so badly, Allison?"

"I don't know. I just have to. I want to be in breathing distance of him."


It was not an unreasonable request, actually. I had nothing to lose by trying. So I emailed the principal and asked if we could work out a meeting with Radio. And the answer was, "Absolutely."

So that is what we did to kick off our four day weekend. We watched "Radio" last night for the twenty-eleventh time and went to T.L. Hanna in Anderson today to meet Allison's hero, Radio, and Coach Jones. They were so kind and funny and down-to-earth...they just blessed our hearts!

Allison and Radio...
My family and BFF Elizabeth with Radio and Coach Jones...
We took Radio some surprises, one of them being the TrueNorth Band CD, Radiate...


No comments: