Wednesday, September 26, 2007

no means no

I experienced a random moment a few days ago while I was sitting in my car in Kroger parking lot, talking on my cell phone. This little Hispanic lady came out of NOWHERE and motioned for me to roll down my window.

Hello! Phone to the ear...lips moving!

I thought she needed directions or would tell me my tire was flat or something.

Her accent was so thick I could barely understand what she was saying until I looked in her hand and saw "The Watchtower" literature. Once I realized she was a Jehovah's Witness, I told her that I would not read that material, that I would only read the Bible. She was trained well and persisted to debate with me and I had to tell her no... again. She finally gave up.

It makes me sad for her. I am so glad that I don't have to get in people's faces to witness to them. Relationships are so much more meaningful.

I have had another JW experience and you can read about it here.

No comments: