Wednesday, September 12, 2007

pumpkin spice latte

Okay, so I'm a coffee snob.

It is that time of year when Starbucks offers its world-renown Pumpkin Spice Latte. Pumpkin, you say? A vegetable in my coffee? Don't worry, it doesn't really taste like pumpkin. It just tastes like fall with the perfect amount of cinnamon, pumpkin spices, espresso, syrup, and whipped cream. So, why am I sitting in front of my computer with Hazelnut Folgers? Glad you asked.

Although there is no proof of this, I suspect that the eleventh commandment says "Thou shalt not drink Pumpkin Spice Latte before October". It is still September and I am refusing to buy a PSL before October. It just goes against the rules of fall. I mean, it would be gross and weird to eat watermelon at Thanksgiving and Christmas, wouldn't it? "Dad, could you pass the cranberries and WATERMELON?" No. And you wouldn't sit out on the beach in 100 degree weather eating pumpkin pie either.

So, I am waiting in anxious anticipation for my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the year. And it will be worth it!

No comments: