Wednesday, August 22, 2007

high school musical 2

Last Friday night was the night we got Kacie's stuff packed and loaded up for college. She planned her whole day so that at 8pm, she could chill out with her sister and watch High School Musical 2 with 17 million other viewers. I stopped what I was doing to stand in front of the TV for about 30 seconds to see what all the fuss was about. Troy and Gabriella were singing a ballad that reminded me a lot of the scene in Grease 2 where Stephanie and Michael sang "Turn Back the Hands of Time". This is the part of the song I heard in the short time I watched HSM2:


I'm leaving today 'cause I've gotta do what's best for me
You'll be ok..I've got to move on and be who I am
I just don't belong here
I hope you understand
We might find our place in this world someday
But at least for now I gotta go my own way


Not what I needed to hear while getting my daughter ready to leave for college the next morning!!!!

No comments: