Monday, August 20, 2007

happy new year!

Every mom knows that January 1 is not the start of a new year. The first day of school usually signifies all things new in a household with school-age children. New clothes, new teachers, new friends, and (yawn) a new schedule. In the Owings household it is not just a new chapter in our book, it's like a whole new UNIT.

Kacie. We had The Last Supper with Kacie Friday night...spaghetti, which is her favorite and her last request before going to Clemson. Move-in was a bittersweet experience. I am so proud of her, but missing her like no other! She has the biggest tears I have ever seen. I mean they are HUGE...and I can't get them out of my mind. But her tears were short-lived, because now she is talking about new friends with yuppie names like Turner and Sara Beth, who I will probably never meet!


Allison.
My "no, I'm not nervous" daughter is in her first day of middle school as I type. I am sure that she is keeping check of every detail of her day and when she gets home, she will be give me a full report, leaving nothing out.

Matthew. Unlike his sister, Matthew will probably tell me nothing. I mean, he IS a boy. Alan took him this morning for his first day of elementary school and he said there were a lot of crying mamas at the school. That is why I didn't take him.

I am all cried out for this week. Or am I?

No comments: