Thursday, August 23, 2007

deal or no deal

I love knowing that I got a deal on an item. My favorite bargain is the short black jacket I got on the clearance rack for $1. And then there was the $58 bathing suit I wanted this summer. By waiting three more days, I got it at 60% off. It helps to talk to sales clerks.

Shopping for school supplies in August is one of those times I go crazy. I call my office cabinet "The Office Depot". Need crayons? Come on over! Out of folders? I've got 'em. Also notebooks, pens, and pencils galore. And I got it all for dirt cheap.

Check out this week's Office Depot ad for example. Book covers, storage pouches, and wooden rulers are a penny a piece. One cent each! A quarter can get you either 10 Crayola markers, the black and white composition books that are hard to find, or a 3 pack of erasers. That's just crazy.

It is a good time to stock up for the rest of the year to avoid those runs to Wally World when the prices are back to normal. You are going to buy it anyway, so do yourself a favor and take advantage of those bargains while you can. But stay away from those drugstores or you'll pay triple the price! And that's no deal.

No comments: