Tuesday, February 24, 2009

i dare ya

Not only am I blogging for 40 consecutive days, Alan and I are also reading the Love Dare devotional guide for married couples. We are being challenged for 40 days with a daily "dare" that is scripture-based. For us it is a marriage reinforcement, for others it could be the tool that puts their troubled marriage back on track.

The Love Dare book was birthed out of the movie Fireproof, which we watched with our journey team a couple of weeks ago and is the subject of our group study for six weeks. I was pleasantly surprised that I actually liked the movie. It had a great storyline with some surprising twists. My heart went out to the husband (Kirk Cameron) as he decided to stop fighting WITH his wife and to fight FOR her. He decided to do things for her that went against his human desire. But it wasn't until he accepted Christ in the midst of the struggle that he had what it took to win her back.

If you're looking for a movie to put in your Blockbuster or Netflix queue, go ahead and add Fireproof. I dare ya! Make it a date night. You might need some tissue to go with that popcorn, but in the end isn't your marriage worth it?

No comments: