Wednesday, August 27, 2008

prayers of a child

Tuesday I received a text message from Kacie about being evacuated from her classroom at Clemson. Then I received a more detailed phone call from her about the tornado warning that sent the students to designated areas. As I heard the warning sirens in the background, I wanted her home so we could hide in the closet together. Instead she was in a library basement two hours away from me.

Matthew overheard my end of the conversation with Kacie and when I got off the phone he said, "Mom, I made up a prayer for Kacie and I hope it comes true."

A tornado did touch down on campus, resulting in minor damage and no injuries. Could the prayers of a seven year old little brother cause God to turn that tornado away?

Absolutely.

I'm going to let my friend Matt take over here. Check out his blog post about how prayer changes things.

No comments: