Wednesday, August 06, 2008

my apartment on wheels

My 2001 Honda Odyssey turned 100,000 miles this morning. That is a lot of driving back and forth on the North Augusta conveyor belt known as Five Notch Road. I have often referred to my van as "my apartment on wheels" because of the large amount of time I spend in it.

Alan has done his part in taking care of the maintenance and upkeep on the van. I cannot say that I have done my part. There is a big red Gatorade stain in the trunk, Matchbox cars all over the floor, scratches on the exterior where I hit some bricks and a big scratch down the back panel where I tried to take out my parents' sprinkler head. But I have no idea how the dent in the back got there....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

This van has toted a lot of groceries, lots of children, and has never stranded me. Coming from someone who said they would never drive a minivan....here's to another 100,000 miles!

No comments: