Monday, August 04, 2008

greater things have yet to come


Yesterday at TrueNorth Church, we said goodbye to our friends Walt and Betsy Tanner. Walt has been our student pastor for Element Student Ministries and will be moving to Fountain Inn, SC to plant Capstone Church. Walt spoke on compassion yesterday and it was the BEST message I have ever heard from him. I think Walt and Betsy will do just fine in Fountain Inn.

Another incredible part of yesterday's service was a THANK YOU video created by the Element staff. Walt has done a great job empowering and building his leaders. This is evident in the words spoken by Wesley and Brandon on the video. Stay tuned....they may let me post some footage later.

I have spent a lot of time with Walt through Element and other areas of TNC ... and I have my own THANK YOU as we say "see you later".

- THANK YOU for tapping my shoulder and asking me to lead a fuel cell and chaperone events. It has been very rewarding for me to develop a relationship with the students and hopefully help impact their lives.

- THANK YOU for letting ME tap YOUR shoulder as we volunteered our time together in the middle school canteen at lunch. Fun times...and another way to connect with the students.

- THANK YOU for sharing your creative mind with us and challenging us to dream BIG!

- My BIGGEST THANK YOU is for teaching my daughter Allison how to spend time in the Word. Since you taught the SOAP method, she reads her Bible every day and writes in her journal. This is priceless and makes me one happy parent.

North Augusta has become a better place because of Walt and Betsy.
Fountain Inn will become a better place because of Walt and Betsy.

We miss you already!

1 comment:

JohnSamson said...

Cool!

- Write soon. And often.

- Samson