Tuesday, March 25, 2008

welcome to moe's! part two

If you have been to Moe's, you were probably greeted by the servers yelling 'Welcome to Moe's!' as you walked in. Margie and I noticed yesterday that the servers never missed a beat. How could they frantically make burritos and salads and still acknowledge each person as they walked through the door? It was our goal to figure out their system as we watched the next customer walk in...

They missed him.

We were seated near the serving line, so I got the staff's attention and motioned toward the new customer, who was already in line. 'Welcome to Moe's!', I reminded them. This started a chain reaction from the staff...'Welcome to Moe's! Welcome to Moe's! Welcome to Moe's!'. They knew I had been watching and of course I whispered,

"You missed one."

The volunteers and staff at TrueNorth Church value those who attend on Sunday mornings. It is our intention that each person on campus is greeted as they arrive and that they leave knowing that they are significant. It may be the only genuine human contact they encounter all week.

I pray we never miss anyone.

No comments: