Monday, March 10, 2008

living like she's dying

Gene's post inspired me to finally get these thoughts out of my head:

My neighbor Mary was told recently that her cancer cannot be cured and that she could expect to live another couple of months. Since then the traffic has picked up in front of our houses with people delivering meals or just spending a few more moments with Mary.

It is difficult for me to look across the street, knowing that my friend is living her last days here on earth. Mary is getting it done though. Making the plans, ordering Ed around, setting up her final bedroom, deciding who gets what, and enjoying her family and friends.

Mary pretty much knows her time frame...the majority of us don't. Are you living today as if it were your last?

Because it just might be.

No comments: