Tuesday, February 06, 2007

relevant answer

My bandmate, Brent, attempted to post a comment about this entry on my blog. But it is lengthy and worthy of it's own space. Posted on edgefielddaily.com was a letter in which someone was praising a local church...here is the pastor's reply:

"...There are many good things happening here, but good things are also happening in many of the other churches in the area. I strongly encourage anyone who believes they are in a "dead church" to pray fervently about what God would have them do in their own church to help "revive" it before they just move membership somewhere else. It may be that God wants to use you to facilitate change in your own setting whereby blessing others. If, however, you feel God pulling you out of a situation, you must commit that to prayer also. I encourage anyone looking for a first church home or a new one to not go by all the talk around town. Experience those churches for yourself, and most of all pray that God will lead you to the place that He would have you go..."

1 comment:

Brent Douglas said...

Woohoo! I made Laura's blog! I'm famous now or something...