Tuesday, October 17, 2006

need more coffee

Good morning and happy coffee! I was thinking about going back to bed this morning after the kids left, but the coffee was calling my name. And I will be bouncing off the walls soon.

My earliest memories of coffee consist of old men sitting around the counter at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, reading their newspapers all morning.

Sip and read. Sip and read.

I became a coffee drinker myself while working twelve hour shifts in a pharmaceutical lab. That was nasty coffee. You know, the kind that tastes like charcoal and tobacco. But it got me through some long nights. My favorite coffee moments these days are the mornings I spend at the computer, catching up on the news and my favorite 'net places. Does this mean I am turning into an old man?

Sip and click. Sip and click.

TOP 10 SIGNS YOU'VE HAD TOO MUCH COFFEE:
10. You grind your coffee beans in your mouth.
9. You can type 60 words a minute with your feet.
8. You can jump start your car without cables.
7. Starbucks owns the mortgage on your house.
6. You're so wired you pick up FM radio.
5. You haven't blinked since the last lunar eclipse.
4. You're the employee of the month at the local coffehouse and you don't even work there.
3. All your kids are named Joe.
2. You chew on other people's fingernails.
1. Your birthday is a national holiday in Brazil.

No comments: