Monday, September 11, 2006

we got it started

TrueNorth Church got it started yesterday as we launched our new services in the North Augusta High School Gymnasium. It took an incredible amount of man/womanpower to create an intimate environment for people to worship. I can’t take credit for any of it, because I just showed up with my keyboard. But my friends who were physically involved, said there was an amazing amount of love in that place as people were hoisting poles and trusses, putting up curtains, setting up chairs, building the stage, and even decorating the bathrooms.

And no one was complaining!

Someone told me yesterday that they felt like a first time visitor…in a good way! Speaking of first time visitors, there were a lot of them at both services. Our people are doing a great job inviting their friends to encounter a life-changing experience!

Steve’s message was about maintaining a personal relationship with Jesus. We get so caught up in our busyness that we sometimes forget about where our main focus should be. Steve was so fired up during his message that I’m not sure he even came up for air.

Also…about 20-something people got dunk’d for Jesus. I congratulated a man afterwards and he said, “For what?” Obviously he wasn’t the man that I thought got dunk’d.

Lack of sleep=Lack of brains.

I love being a part of this church…every time we plan something, God’s plan is always bigger than ours! We're just hanging on for the ride!

And by the way…white people CAN do hip hop in church...

1 comment:

Brent Douglas said...

Dangit I'm mad I had to miss it! Then again, as I type this I'm on the western shore of Oahu in Hawaii between two huge mountains looking out over the ocean. HA! I hope Chuck has video of the service up...I'm about to go check. Last I heard I was playing with you next Sunday, but Kev hasn't emailed me the songs OR confirmed this yet after emailing him about it yesterday...so we'll see! It's only 2:45 PM here and 8:45 PM back at home, so I'm about to head out on the town for now! Catch you at practice or at least Sunday if I don't end up playing!

Brent