Thursday, September 21, 2006

continuum

I'm hooked.

John Mayer's new CD, Continuum, is about the best and most mature piece of music I've heard in a very long time. His R&B/Blues/Clapton/Hendrix/Gaye sound definitely screams who his influences are. It is obvious now that John's previous works, Room for Squares and Heavier Things, were attempts to please a record label. He is clearly not selling out to anyone on Continuum. This CD showcases his strengths. Well, that would be everything...guitar, vocals, and songwriting.

If you haven't picked this up yet, buy it, download it, borrow it..whatever you do, just get it.

You'll be hooked too.

4 comments:

Brent Douglas said...

Sweet! I almost bought this at Wal-Mart the other night (and I think it was one of those $9.72 ones, too, maybe), but got a DVD instead. I'll have to pick it up when payday comes around tomorrow perhaps. If you haven't gotten the John Mayer Trio's TRY! Live then I highly recommend that one, too. It'll have you groovin' in yo moto-car.

LAURA'S BLOG said...

brent...you mean groovin' in my "minivan", right?

Brent Douglas said...

I'm not sure you can groove in it if you call it a minivan... You gotta give it a hip name like moto-car since it IS, after all, a motor car... I seem to have an affinity for ...'s

Walt and Betsy said...

Yes - this is Rolling Stone - we were so taken by your CD reviews we were wondering if we may add it to our next month's issue!

Do it well - or don't do it at all. And as usual you are doing it well!