Saturday, May 16, 2009

cancer sucks...can i say that?

My family and some friends went to the Augusta Relay for Life last night to support our friend Melanie, who is a cancer survivor. Yesterday she received results from medical testing that her cancer has returned, so we had to go hug on her. She has a positive outlook and said that with friends like us, she doesn't have to worry because we will do it for her.

Relay for Life is just an incredible event, full of community, laughter and tears, victory and remembrance. The survivor walk is very humbling as an army of people of all ages walk together to celebrate life!

When we got home, I watched Farrah's Story...a two hour documentary of Farrah Fawcett's struggle with cancer. And as I was trying to go to sleep, I had an image in my mind of Melanie's button she was wearing on her survivor t-shirt last night. Two words...CANCER SUCKS.

That pretty much sums it up.

No comments: