Tuesday, May 19, 2009

keep the main thing the main thing

I know it must seem that I am obsessed with Chick-fil-a, considering the numerous times I have mentioned it on this blog. But they have the most clever marketing in the world, in my opinion. And I can't help but talk about it.

Tonight, I saw the above card on my table. Check it out: It is a memo from the boss, with a list of the company's agenda. Funny thing that the list ends at number 1...You eat chikin stripz.

What is so great about this is that the company's LEADER shares the VISION and keeps the MAIN THING the MAIN THING... to get people to eat chicken. There is no top ten list. No cheesy acronyms. Just a short, concise statement of purpose. Period.

How about your workplace? If your boss presented the company's one point agenda, what would it be?

No comments: