Friday, March 16, 2007

unleashed

My thoughts on the Unleash Conference that I attended at NewSpring in Anderson with other TNC peeps:

1. I was served. The volunteers were awesome! I wanted for nothing. Except Benadryl. I was not prepared for the pollen attack I got when the vent in our rental van started blowing pollen in my face during our two hour drive to Anderson. So my friend and I went searching for Benadryl. A NewSpring volunteer gave me a children’s dose out of her own purse and another volunteer went to the store and bought me a whole box! Thank you!

2. Buzzword of the breakout sessions: EMPOWER

3. Main point: The leader (pastor) owns the vision. Perry spoke of how squirrels like to dart in front of us while we are driving, causing us to steer away from our path. Such is the case when a leader is on the path toward the vision God has given them. Those who are in the way are run over like a squirrel.

4. This has been bugging me. What did that random guy toward the end of the second session put in Perry's hand? Was it money? A tip? I felt bad for Perry, because it was just plain awkward.

NewSpring had nothing to gain by putting on this conference. They sure couldn’t have made any money because the fee was almost free. It was just pure ministry to church pastors and leaders who needed a shot in the arm.

1 comment:

Gene said...

Wow! I knew you got some Benadryl but I didn't know they went out and bought a whole box for you. Impressive...