Wednesday, October 15, 2008

i heart barnes and noble

Matthew and I went to the mall last night because the boy needs jeans. His knees keep busting through his pants. Being a girl and growing up with a bunch of girls, I don't understand how this happens. One minute the pants are fine, the next minute...there's a knee coming through. But this is not the point of my post.

As we were leaving the mall and circling the mall property, there was a huge glow that lit up the sky, pointing straight to heaven. There was lots of excitement and movement around the area. I thought maybe Jesus had come back. But no, it was the next best thing....Barnes and Noble had finally opened up at the mall.

I suddenly realized how URGENT it was that I go inside IMMEDIATELY and get a book that Allison needed. As Matthew and I entered the store and were greeted by people welcoming us to the 'preview party', I thought I heard a choir of angels singing. But actually it was a couple of guys on acoustic guitars, playing Nirvana's About a Girl. Clifford the Big Red Dog and Hurbee the Clown were in the children's area. Workers were offering me fresh baked chocolate chunk cookies. Story time for kids. Books galore. People everywhere. The smell of coffee. More books. More music. Somebody please lock me inside this place for a night!

No comments: