Wednesday, February 06, 2008

ask me

I realize the benefits of t-shirt advertising every time I wear one of my TrueNorth t-shirts. I wore one today and a cashier at Kroger asked me about my church. We had a great conversation and before I left I gave her an invite card.

These moments are so random and unpredictable that when they happen I know that God set up the entire situation. He knew what shirt I had on. He saw me grab a stack of invite cards at the church office this morning because I didn't have any. He knew I would be going through her checkout line. And He put the curiosity in her mind to ask me the question: Why do so many people go to TrueNorth?

Being the initiator of these conversations can be awkward when it comes to inviting people to church. Sometimes all it takes is a t-shirt to cause the other person to ask questions.

And an invite card to seal the deal.

No comments: