Wednesday, January 09, 2008

risky business

I was at Element (youth group) tonight and we started a new series called "Risky Business". Sunday morning services are titled "Lion Chasers", so everyone on campus is learning about taking risks.

I started thinking about risks that I took last year in 2007. There was one opportunity I experienced that was definitely a risk since I didn't know what the outcome would be. It was something I had always wanted to do, but I was too afraid. I worried about what people might think and that I could possibly look foolish...literally. Other people that I knew had done it with great success, but I was afraid of failure. So finally, after 39 years of waiting, I finally took a leap down the road less traveled.

I did it.

I got my eyebrows waxed.

Yes, I was afraid, but my sister-in-law held my hand as I endured the pain. My hairdresser got too much pleasure out of yanking that paper coated with hot wax across my sensitive skin. But I was pleased with the outcome and I didn't look foolish at all.

That was definitely risky business.

No comments: