Monday, December 03, 2007

life is good

So. I turned 40 this weekend. People seem surprised that I'm not falling apart already and wallowing in the sorrow of celebrating a fortieth birthday. The year I turned 30 was the year I freaked out. I remember a time when I thought forty was OLD. Then a few days later, I turned forty.

I am probably one of the most immature forty year olds I know, but this past decade has been a season of maturity in the sense of life lessons:

I do not need toxic people in my life.
Saying "no" to others is a gift to myself and my family.
I realize that I can't change other people.
Not everyone will like me and I may never know why.
Love everyone, not just my BFFs.
I am created for a purpose and it is my job to pursue it.
Christ completes me.

I am healthy. I have a great family and awesome friends who care about me. I don't NEED anything. And I got to turn forty this weekend.

Life is good.






1 comment:

Gene said...

Great life lessons, Laura. Happy Birthday!