Monday, January 05, 2009

unbalancing act


So Santa gave our family a Wii Fit for Christmas. And about three days later, I finally got my turn at it. I had to take a preliminary Body Test as a benchmark for my weight and BMI. I passed with flying colors. It wasn't long after I began the training module that the Wii Fit told me that I was "unbalanced." It said that the balance test was obviously not my forte and then suggested that "you probably find yourself tripping when you walk".

Oh no you didn't!

Well that made me go after it harder. I repeated every 'unbalanced' activity until I scored in the top three. Then over the next few days, I went to a yogalates class at the Family Y, got on the treadmill and took my kids skating so that I could work on my balance. According to the Wii Fit, my center of balance has improved and sometimes it even calls me a Fitness Enthusiast!

See...I told ya!

Now I feel silly trying to prove to a computer that I am a balanced person. I'm just glad the Wii Fit didn't see me get out of my car yesterday with my just-bought Starbucks drink and drop the whole thing in the church parking lot.

So maybe I am a little unbalanced.

1 comment:

chuck young said...

i have always known you to be a bit unbalanced!