Monday, June 23, 2008

the family y...part two

I took my first Pilates class at the Family Y last week and I think it will be one of my favorite forms of exercise. My goal is long and lean muscles and NO SWEATING. The less I sweat, the happier I am. Before I took the class I did not know what people meant when they referred to core muscles. I was introduced to mine as they were screaming at me for a couple of days after the class.

The hour long class concluded with the instructor turning off the overhead light and turning on a small lamp in the room. Soft music was playing as we rested on our mats in the dark for about five minutes. I am a person who likes to be efficient with my time, so I closed my eyes and prayed.

It was nice.

And I bet I wasn't the only one.

1 comment:

Gene said...

I don't know, Laura. Sounds kind of new-agey and eastern religionist to me. You're not leaving us for some new fangled belief system are you? Can you prove Pilates even exists?